If you can answer "Yes" to any of the following, then you have come to the right place:
* Do you think lobbyists should be required to register to do business with the Mayor, City Council, City Manager and Department heads, the Harbor, Planning and Parks and Recreation Commissions? (Accomplished)
* Do you think elected officials and all city staff should be prohibited from receiving gifts from any lobbyist or anyone doing business with the City of Long Beach? (Accomplished)
* Do you think the Mayor and City Council should be required to publish their official calendars on line so the public can see whom they meet with? (Partially accomplished. Calendars are not mandatory but ability to post has been made available.)
* Do you think the Mayor and City Council should be required at the start of each council meeting to publicly disclose if they have had any private discussions with anyone doing business before the City Council on an item on the agenda?
* Do you think that City staff or elected officials should be prohibited for a period of three years after their term in office or employment with the City, from working and/or lobbying for anyone who is seeking to do business of any kind with the City of Long Beach?
* Do you think the City website should be fully transparent -- including the posting of contracts, payments, salaries and total compensation for employees?
* Do you think the City should "sunshine" its contacting process with public employees so that the public has adequate time and opportunity to provide input and to hold the City Council accountable.
*Are you ready to help bring the change we need in Long Beach?
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
There are two things I haven't made much of over the past seven years on City Council. I haven't made much of the fact that I am ...
English: Four BSNF units (a GE C44-9W is leading) with a double-stack train descending Tehachapi Pass, between Caliente and Bakersfield, C...
The City Council on a 9-0 vote passed the city's first ordinance to register lobbyists. What a difference year and several months makes....
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske's annual "Library Round Up" that encourages residents to "round up spare change&quo...
Prior to the construction of a 150-acre airport in 1923, pilots could be seen taking off and landing on the long strand of beach or on a san...
Crime Time (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I have received a number of memos and reports on city issues that I think you will find of interes...
It was my distinct honor to welcome home the men and women from the 1498th Transportation Company as they came off the airplane at Long Beac...
I came home the other day to see a yellow notice taped to my front doorknob. The notice was also visible up and down Studebaker. These are s...
monokristalline Solarzelle (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) Yesterday in City Council, my colleagues approved my item asking the City Manager ...
The City has received news...or let's say it became public.. but the price per barrel of oil has been much higher over the past year tha...